Applications Engineering Group Manager, USA
To lead and coach the Applications Engineering team. To coordinate technical product line support and applications assistance to customers, sales channels, and ASM’s in support of Piab’s sales strategy and objectives.
Reports To: VP Sales/Country Manager – North America
Those Who Report to the Applications Engineering Group Manager: Application Engineers – Sales Support associates in the Vacuum Automation, Robotic Gripping, Vacuum Conveying and Ergonomic Handling divisions.
Objective: To lead and coach the Applications Engineering team. To coordinate technical product line support and applications assistance to customers, sales channels, and ASM’s in support of Piab’s sales strategy and objectives.
Requirements: BS or BA degree is required. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience leading a team as a supervisor or project manager, preferably in the role of technical discipline. Computer competency with Salesforce.com CRM, ERP software, Microsoft Office, Skype for Business, phone tracking software, etc.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an industry leading, first class applications engineering department in support of Piab’s corporate strategy and sales objectives.
- To lead, train, supervise, and support the Application Engineer associates in performing their accountabilities.
- Hire, review, develop, and take corrective action with associates as required within the department.
- Assign and develop ASM territory pairings; fostering relationships to support strategic growth objectives.
- Direct Application Engineer associates personal growth and career advancement.
- Motivate associates through leadership and training; promoting corporate culture in support of Piab’s vision and mission.
- Establish and document yearly team and individual group member business objectives (MBO’s).
- Coordinate technical support phone coverage, lab tests and special project schedules.
- Collaborate with Product Line Managers in support of their strategic objectives and activities.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to track activities, analyze performance, compile and share information.
- Provide monthly performance updates including team completed activities, upcoming actions to VP of Sales & Country Manager using the corresponding report format
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise on all products within the Vacuum Automation, Robotic Gripping, Vacuum Conveying and Ergonomic Handling divisions.
- Manage regional support to include the following:
- Communication updates with ASM’s.
- Conduct lab tests and simulate applications with customers product.
- Create and manage CIR’s (Continuous Improvement Report).
- Prepare quotations on standard and special items.
- Participate in training presentations for sales channels and customers.
- Compile competitive analysis and crossovers.
- Provide CAD drawings and other support as requested.
- Understanding of company policies
- ISO Compliance
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Service the customer
- Go beyond your accountabilities and do what it takes.
- Always understand the customer’s view.
- Always respond to a customer even if you don’t have an answer.
- Follow the C.I.R. (Continuous Improvement Report) guidelines – responsible for reporting non-conformities.
- To lead and to participate in company-wide safety program.
- Timely and accurate preparation of expense reports.
- Seek and acquire new skills as deemed necessary in support of Piab’s mission and vision.
Participate on teams
- Take active part in team efforts to achieve / surpass team’s goals.
- Perform the above duties in a manner consistent with the ethics, core values, and mission that Piab has set for a standard.