How your information will be used
- The Company needs to keep and process information about you for normal employment purposes. The information we collect, hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us, at the time when your employment ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with the employment contract, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations. We will inform you about the implications of that decision.
- We may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes, maintain the security level (username and passwords) or report potential crimes. We will never process your data where your interests are overridden by our interests.
- Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as your manager, or in some cases, external sources, such as referees and Social media.
- The sort of information we hold includes your application form and references, your contract of employment and any amendments to it; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to you about a pay rise or, at your request, a letter to your mortgage company confirming your salary; information needed for payroll, benefits and expenses purposes; contact and emergency contact details; records of holiday, sickness and other absence; information needed for equal opportunities monitoring policy; and records relating to your career history, such as training records, appraisals, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records.
- You will, be referred to in company documents and records that are produced by you and your colleagues while carrying out your duties and the business of the company.
- Where necessary, we may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and medical reports and notes. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to do your job and whether any adjustments to your job might be appropriate. We will also need this data to administer and manage statutory and company sick pay e.g. health insurance or life insurance policies.
- We do not process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, biometric data or sexual orientation. In the case biometric data for authentication or health data is necessary we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency.
- Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Authorized personnel may audit and monitor equipment, systems, and network traffic for security, compliance, and maintenance purposes. We also keep records of your hours of work from your time reports, as detailed in the coming company HR handbook.
- We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to our external payroll provider, banks, credit card companies, travel agencies, pension or health insurance schemes. In some cases these parties act as independent controllers and they are fully responsible for the processing of your information we provide them with.
- We may transfer information about you to other group companies (processors) for purposes connected with your employment or the management of the company’s business. This includes payroll, insurance and pension companies.
- In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EU/EES or to an international organisation to comply with our legal or contractual requirements. We have in place safeguards including an IT-security policy and HR records storage instruction to ensure the security of your data.
- Your personal data will be stored for a period of 2 years (Swedish discrimination act) or in some circumstances 7 years (bookkeeping).
- If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have number of rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Authority if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR regarding to your personal information.
Identity and contact details of controller and Privacy Officer
Piab AB is the controller of data for the purposes of the GDPR.
Privacy and Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com or you can write to these individuals using the address below:
SE-183 04 Täby
Phone: +46 8 630 25 00