In short: The Hunt competition starts on 6th of May, 2021, and ends on November 30th, 2021. To participate you need to state the name of the company that is entering the competition and the contact person with contact details, and send in a photo of the Piab conveyor in operation and its label and include a proof of purchase (invoice copy, order confirmation, or similar) together with a description of what material the entrant company conveys with the Piab conveyor today.
In participating the entrant agrees that Piab has the right to share, display, make available and exploit and publish any picture, video or other digital media of the conveyor or any other information that the entrant has sent to Piab, on Piab’s website, in social media channels and as well as otherwise use it for all kinds of marketing and promotional activities and materials worldwide. Furthermore, the entrants agree to receive a follow-up call by a sales representative of Piab (which may be a third party). In order to win and receive the prize, the winner is required to make a joint press release with Piab with the photo and/or video to be used publicly in worldwide marketing. The prize is limited to the standard product version of the piFLOW®p SMART, and Piab will not carry any costs due to optional extras or installation costs.
Terms and Conditions in detail
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning. You have not yet won.
By entering the Hunt Competition (“Promotion” or „Hunt Competition“), Entrant (as defined below) accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Terms and Conditions”). All decisions of Piab regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects. Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may, at Piab’s discretion, result in disqualification.
- These Terms and Conditions apply with respect to all Entrants in The Hunt Competition, in which Piab seeks the oldest still operational Piab vacuum conveyor. By participating in The Hunt Competition, the Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If an Entrant does not accept these Terms and Conditions, such Entrant shall not enter into the competition.
- Each Entrant must enter The Hunt Competition as directed on Piab’s website or social media channels.
- The Hunt Competition is free to enter (and no purchase from Piab is required).
- Neither the fact that Piab is holding The Hunt Competition, nor anything in these Terms and Conditions, constitute a commitment by Piab to conduct further, similar or other contests in future.
- Piab shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any claims, losses, taxes, liabilities, damage, costs, expenses or other inconvenience occurring in connection with, as a result of or arising from the participation in The Hunt Competition, whether suffered by an entrant or any other person, including by way of redemption or accepting of any part of, or use of, the prize, regardless if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the entrants or Piab, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with The Hunt Competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Eligibility and entry restrictions
- To be eligible to enter the Promotion:
- Entrants must be a legal business entity or company. Private persons cannot participate.
- No employee, officer or agent of Piab, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved with running the Promotion (“Promotion Entities”), or any person in a family relation with any such person, may participate in Promotion.
- Piab will in its sole discretion determine the maximum number of entries in the competition and reserves the right to close entry to The Hunt Competition at any point.
- Start and closing dates
- The Hunt Competition will open for entries May 6th, 2021, at 12 PM, and ends on November 30th, 2021, at 11:55 PM (“Promotion Period”). Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those for WET (Western European Time).
- Any entries received before or after the Promotion Period will be invalid and will not be entered into the Promotion.
- Piab will not consider any entries not received by Piab (regardless of reason therefore).
- Piab reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Piab’s control or if Piab otherwise deems it necessary (in its sole discretion). Any changes to Promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- How to Enter
- The Entrants must state the name of the company that is entering the competition and the contact person with contact details, and send in a photo of the Piab conveyor in operation and its label and include proof of purchase (invoice copy, order confirmation, or similar) together with a description of what material the entrant company conveys with the Piab conveyor today. This information is to be sent to the email address specified on the Piab website – The Hunt Competition Landing Page.
- The Entry will become the property of Piab and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Piab disclaims any and all liability in connection with the Entry. Entrant is solely responsible for the Entry and the consequences of providing the Entry to Piab. By providing the Entry to Piab, Entrant affirms, represent, and warrant that: the Entry does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause Piab to violate any law or regulation or otherwise cause liability for Piab; and the Entry could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Winner (as defined below) will be selected by Piab in Piab’s sole discretion (as discussed more completely below) on or before 30 days from the close of the Promotion Period from all entries received during the Promotion Period. Piab’s computer will serve as the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
- Entries shall be judged and winners selected on the basis of the oldest identified Piab vacuum conveyor proven to be still in operation, considering date of purchase/installation. By submitting the Entry, Entrant consents to providing Piab the right to visual or virtual inspect Entrant’s vaccum conveyor, and Entrant agrees to provide Piab reasonable access and reasonable cooperation in order to complete same (“Potential Winner”).
- If Potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any Entry restrictions, limits the right for Piab to use any submitted materials in marketing or promotional material in any way, or does not agree to make a joint press release with Piab in the form determined by Piab, Potential Winner shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not under any circumstances be entitled to the prize.
- All decisions in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be made by Piab in its sole discretion and no agreements regarding the prize or otherwise will be entered into by Piab.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed exclusively by substantial Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden.
- Winners and prizes
- The competition prize for The Hunt is a piFLOW®p SMART vacuum conveyor in its standard version with configuration: PS.P120L.P6.76T.33.CBA.ES.0.CA.PLE.AAL.0.GB. (“Prize”). Any optional extras or installation costs must be borne by the winner.
- The Potential Prize Winner will be notified of The Hunt Competition result by Piab by email not more than 30 days following the closing date of the competition. If a Potential Winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within 48 hours from the day and time Piab first tries to notify Potential Winner; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in section 8; (iv) refuses the Prize; and/or (v) the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Potential Winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected (“Alternative Potential Winner”). Alternate Potential Winner shall be contacted as soon as practicable and shall also have 48 hours to respond. Piab reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any Alternate Potential Winner, if any. Upon contacting a Potential Winner and determining that it has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such Entrant may be declared the “winner” of the Promotion. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE (“Winner”).
- Once a winner is named, it will receive the Prize within 90 days.
- The results of The Hunt Competition will be announced on Piab’s website within 30 days following the closing date of The Hunt Competition (provided that the winner is determined within such time). Entrants agree that the announcement may include the name and photograph/video of the submitted old Piab vacuum conveyor, the name, town or region and country of the entrant company. Or, for the name and address of the Winner, send an email to email@example.com. In the subject of the email, type “The Hunt Competition ”. Piab shall only release the first name, the last initial and state of residence of the Winner to those requesting this information.
- No cash alternative to the Prize will be offered. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize is subject to availability and Piab reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equivalent value without giving notice thereof.
- Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): 45 000 USD.
- Piab is not responsible if any part of the Prize is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason or if Winner does not pick-up or use the Prize, in which case Winner will not be reimbursed for the ARV of the Prize.
- Limit one (1) Prize per person/household. Actual value of Prize may vary and any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. Any costs associated with the receipt of Prize and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Such costs may include, without limitation, taxes, fees and costs to pick-up the Prize or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein but in relation to the use or acceptance of the Prize which are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Eligiblity - for US Entrants
- Except where prohibited, Potential Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, including supporting documentation, if any, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release and a Tax Acceptance Form (“Verification Documents”), as well as any additional agreements and releases as requested by Piab (“Agreement/Release”). Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If Potential Winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an Entrant does not comply with the Terms and Conditions, then Potential Winner will be disqualified and an Alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Potential Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said Prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said Prize.
- Piab is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to Entrants not from Piab. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Promotion will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- No compensation will be made in the event that the Prize is not awarded, the Promotion does not occur, or does not occur within a certain time period, due to circumstances beyond Piab’s control.
- Copyright and moral rights
- The entrant, by virtue of entry in The Hunt Competition, grants to Piab an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable license to copy, store, edit, distribute, transmit and publish such entrant’s competition entry in post-promotion publicity material and in advertising, marketing or promotional material in any media by any means throughout the world for any purpose connected with the products/services of Piab or any company within the Piab Group of companies without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner or any other entrant.
- The entrant hereby gives express permission to Piab to freely distribute its submission in any publication and media whether online, offline or on the Internet on any website or platform. Material sent to Piab including feedback and other communications of any kind as well as submission of an entry to The Hunt Competition shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Piab shall be free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback, materials without limitation or obligation of any kind. Piab is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials for any purpose.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the entrant irrevocable and unconditionally waive its rights to be identified as the author of the relevant competition entries and any materials or information submitted to Piab in connection therewith, and to object to any derogatory treatment of its competition entries.
- By entering into The Hunt Competition, each entrant undertakes to indemnify and keep Piab harmless against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by Piab due to such entrant’s breach of any of the Terms and Conditions herein contained.
- Consent and release - for US Entrants.
By entering the Promotion, each Entrant releases and discharges Piab, Promotion Entities, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited by law, Entrant’s entry and Winner’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes: (i) permission for the Promotion Entities to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address and contact information for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Promotion on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review permission or further compensation; (ii) Entrant’s representation and warrantee that he/she owns all rights in and to your Entry and you have complied with these Rules in submitting the Entry and (iii) acceptance of the Prize constitutes a release by Winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize.
- What happens to entries?
- Entry will not be returned. Therefore, Piab encourages Entrant to keep a copy of its competition entries.
- Piab intends to undertake publicity activities relating to the competition and prize award. The Winner therefore agrees that a joint press release with photo and/or video filming will be used publicly, detailing the former use of the old Piab vacuum conveyor and the intended use of the won piFLOW®p SMART, and acknowledges that this is a condition for being adjudged the Winner of the Promotion.
- Restrictions for US Entrants– VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Piab and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions. Piab may rescind this Promotion or any part thereof found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Piab may at Piab’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of different or greater value. Piab shall not be liable to any Entrant, Winner or any person claiming through such Entrant or Winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, reason of any acts of God, any action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Piab’s sole control. Due to the nature of the Prize, Piab shall not be obligated to provide the Prize to the Potential Winner if a Potential Winner cannot fully enjoy the Prize due to illness or other reason, which shall be determined in Piab’s sole discretion. Under this circumstance, Piab may or may not seek an Alternate Potential Winner if it feels there is a reasonable time to do so, in its sole discretion. Piab’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- DISCLAIMERS for US Entrants. Piab is not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Piab’s servers or elsewhere. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Piab be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these Terms and Conditions. In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, Piab, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a Winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prize offered herein. By entering this Promotion Entrant is giving permission to receive emails and telephone calls from Piab. SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PIAB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Piab’s details
- This prize competition is run by Piab AB.
- Piab’s registered office is Sjöflygvägen 35, SE-18304 Täby, Sweden.
- Piab can be contacted: